Thursday, February 2, 2012

Created for Care

This past weekend I had the privilege of joining over 400 other adoptive moms at a Created for Care retreat. For me, it was a chance to get away from the "busy" and connect with other moms who are in varying stages of the adoption process - from those waiting for their first to mothers of 8, 9, even 10 children! But mostly it was about slowing down to really listen to God's voice ... to hear Him tell me who I am and how to love and raise my children in a way that points them and others to Him. 

I would venture to say that everyone who has answered the call to adopt has experienced countless miracles as God orchestrated every step of the process that led them to their child. Just the supernatural love alone that allows a person to feel a mother or father's love for a biologically unrelated child is miraculous. So to stand in a room with 400 other women who have been there, and who are continually broken for the things that break God's heart, led to the most tender, compassionate, awe-inspiring time of worship I think I have ever experienced. I always enter worship praying for God to inhabit our praises ... to be there. But on Friday night, before that thought could even really form in my head, I knew He was already there. 

I am so blessed to have been in the presence of so many amazing women. Each of their stories is nothing less than BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment