Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hanging on for the ride!

The past few years have been quite the journey for our family! After our daughter was born, we just knew God was calling us to have more children, but despite our best efforts ... things just weren't working out the way we planned. I remember often being asked, "How many kids are you going to have?" - which, based on my circumstances, seemed as silly a question as "Who's going to win the lottery tomorrow?" In my heart, my answer was always, "Four." But my head told me that wasn't possible. 

Fast forward a few years ... We have been changed - both physically (from 3 to 5) and spiritually. God miraculously added to our family through the adoption of our two sons. We are so blessed, and I can't wait to share my heart for adoption as I blog about these experiences. 


Where God's leading now ... 

Well, God is not finished yet! Over a year ago, I began to feel led to explore options for bringing our fourth child home. (Amazingly, each time a child was soon to come into our family, I felt "expectant" as if something BIG was about to happen!) I called an agency in Georgia with questions about Guatemala. After informing me that the Guatemala program was closed and finding out some details about our family, the lady on the phone suggested I look into the China program. At first I dismissed the idea, but after talking to the program directer, I just decided to pray about it. Scott and I prayed for over a year. With a "yes" in our spirit, we just waited on God to give us the green light. It wasn't until this spring that we felt the "go ahead." So on May 16th we sent off our application and began the journey to our daughter from China! We're thrilled, humbled, and a little scared! It's what keeps this faith journey exciting!!

I'm anxious to share the ways God has transformed our lives and for you to experience this next season of change with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment