Friday, March 9, 2012

God is Faithful

This has been a tough week. No referral. Anxiety over finances. Paralyzing fear that we've bitten off more than we can chew.

But God is faithful. He met me right where I was. I am trying to catch up on a Bible study that I didn't finish last semester. On the darkest day I've experience in a while I read these words in 1 John ... "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear." The Word says, "God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." WOW!  The words I should have read months ago, God saved for that moment. When I needed to hear that perfect love casts out fear, and that if I abide in love I'm abiding in Him and He's abiding in me.

Why am I doing all of this? Why did I quit my job and spend all my money and months of my time and commit a lifetime of myself? LOVE. I asked God to give me love for this child. Enough love for the times when I can't see how it's all going to work. Enough love to keep me going though I don't even know what she looks like. And He answered that prayer. He IS love. Did you know that Romans 5:5 says "God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom He as given us"? It wasn't even a challenge for Him to give me that kind of love. He pours it in!

God also knew how alone I was feeling. He surrounded me with a group of women at my Bible study to pray over me and encourage me. Thank you.


And late that evening I checked my email and received the news that we were approved for one of the grants we applied for! Oh God, THANK YOU!

Our journey is far from over. We still have a wait in front of us. We still have money to raise. But we know that God is faithful and will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory. And we are encouraged.

1 comment:

  1. He is indeed faithful. Keep standing. You have a great cloud of witnesses standing with you (seen and unseen). You have stood with me for almost 10 years. I delight to do the same with you.

    ReplyDelete