Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Because I Know He Holds the Future ...

One thing I have been learning first-hand lately is that prayer works! I always knew that, but I'm still left speechless and shocked when God answers prayers so specifically. At our weekly church prayer meeting we talked last week about why we all struggle so much with our prayer lives. There were many different ideas about what keeps us from praying the way we should ... like lack of time, busy schedules, distractions, etc. But the truth is, I believe what keeps us from praying every day without ceasing is a lack faith.  If we REALLY believed that prayer worked ... that God would answer us ... I think we'd have to be forcibly removed from our prayer closets!

Well, let me encourage you by saying that God is answering prayers! On Sunday morning during the worship service at my in-laws' church I sang with the ladies choir. We sang "Because He Lives," a beautiful hymn that I haven't heard in quite a while. The words came back instantly though, and as I sang the chorus ...
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives all fear is gone. 
Because I know He holds the future, 
and life is worth the living just because He lives 
... a flood of emotions rushed over me and I truly worshiped God and rested in His assurance that HE'S GOT THIS.

Later that afternoon God began making that fact very clear. We have some sweet friends who let us know that they would like to support our adoption through a 10k run they've organized called the Etowah Road Race. They are encouraging participants to purchase our Adoption Bug shirts to wear in the race on July 4th, and accepting donations to go toward the adoption on race day as well! Scott and I were blown away by this gesture. We look forward to helping promote this event ... so stay tuned for more info!

Just a few minutes later, my mom called to tell me she had been given a card addressed to me by a precious lady at her church. She apologized for opening it, but couldn't wait to tell me that the card contained a check for $1000!!!!

Neither of these things could have been anticipated or planned for. And that's the beauty of how God provides. Above our reach ... beyond what we can even dream of ... miraculous! I am so thankful that He cares about our needs and that He'll move Heaven and Earth to care for this little girl on the other side of the world.

Thank you for praying. I've had many tell me they are. Please continue to pray for favor as our last two grant applications are reviewed in the next few weeks. And continue to pray for Charlotte's transition home! I can't wait to continue updating on God's miraculous provision!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment